Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash
Availability: In stock
Our Price: $249.00
High performance versatile speedlight brings simplicity to on-camera, remote, and multiple flash photography.
- Portable, Versatile Speedlight Unit i-TTL Speedlight optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).
- Complete Flash Head Positioning Freedom Bounce 90°up and 7°down with 360° rotation elevates creative lighting freedom.
- Wireless Flash Control Wireless Commander Mode controls up to 2 remote Speedlight groups and an unlimited number of compatible Speedlights. When used as a remote speedlight up to 3 Groups can be selected. Four wireless channel options help manage wireless conflicts in multi-photographer environments.
- Choose From 3 Light Distribution Patterns Using the simple slider switch on the back of the SB-700, you can optimize light quality by selecting Standard for general illumination, Center-weighted for portraits or Even, for groups or interiors.
- Color Filter Identification Automatically identifies mounted hard type color filters and adjusts camera white-balance.* *With select Nikon digital SLRs\
- Automatic Format Identification Automatically senses the FX or DX-format camera in use and optimizes light distribution.
- Firmware Updating Allows uploading of performance enhancement developments.* *With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Nikon’s Precision i-TTL Flash Control Delivers precise flash exposures and seamless fill-flash performance—even in challenging lighting situations.
- Hot Shoe and Wireless Operation Use on-camera, as a wireless master, commander or remote light source.
- Versatile Auto Power Zoom Coverage Smoothly covers lenses as wide as 24mm and up to 120mm in FX-format.
- Streamlined Controls and Menus Convenient Rotary Select Dial sets key functions quickly and a prominent Master and Remote control switch simplifies wireless operation.
- Flash Tube Overheat Protection To prevent overheating, flash recycle time increases when SB-700 detects heat build-up.
- Flash Value (FV) Lock Locks in a specific flash output on the main subject, regardless of aperture, composition or the lens’ zoom position.* *With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Drip-Proof Mounting Foot Cover (Water Guard)*Provides enhanced moisture protection. *Optional
- Commander Function Yes
- Remote Function Yes
- Guide Number 28m/92ft. (at ISO 100, 35mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 20°C/68°F) to 39m/128ft. (at ISO 200 35mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 20°C/68°F)
- Electronic Construction Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Flash Exposure Control i-TTL
Distance-priority manual flash
- Lens Coverage 24 to 120mm in FX-Format
- AF-assist Illuminator Range 10 m (33ft.) at center area using a 50mm f/1.8 lens (approx.)
1m to 10m (3.3 ft. to 33 ft.) for the center of the image with a 50mm f/1.8 lens.
- Illumination pattern There are three illumination patterns: standard, even and center-weighted
The light distribution angle is automatically adjusted to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats
- Other Available Functions Test Firing
AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF
- Bounce Function (Tilt) Flash head tilts down to 7° or up to 90° with click- stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
- Bounce Function (Rotate) Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180
- Minimum Recycling Time 2.5 sec. (approx.) with AA Alkaline (1.5V) batteries
2.5 sec. (approx.) with Evolta (1.5V) batteries
3.5 sec. (approx.) with Lithium (1.5V) batteries
2.5 sec. (approx.) with NiMH (2600 mAh) batteries
2.5 sec. (approx.) with NiMH (eneloop) batteries
- Flash Duration 1/1042 sec. at M1/1 (full) output
1/1136 sec. at M1/2 output
1/2857 sec. at M1/4 output
1/5714 sec. at M1/8 output
1/10000 sec. at M1/16 output
1/18182 sec. at M1/32 output
1/25000 sec. at M1/64 output
1/40000 sec. at M1/128 output
- Power ON/OFF Rotate the power switch/wireless mode switch for multiple flash untis to turn the SB-700 on or off
Standby function can also be set
- Required Power Source Use Four AA-type batteries of the same brand from any of the following types:
Four 1.5 V alkaline AA batteries
Four 1.5 V lithium AA batteries
Four Rechargeable 1.2 V NiMH AA batteries
- Optional Power Supply No
- Flash-ready Indicator Lights up: The SB-700 is fully recycled:
Blinks: insufficient flash output for correct exposure (in i-TTL or distance-priority manual flash mode)
- Ready Light Yes
- Flash Compensation -3.0 EV to +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 EV steps in i-TTL mode
- Custom Setting 11 items
- Minimum Number of Flashes 160/2.5–30 sec. (AA Alkaline (1.5 V))
230/2.5–30 sec. (Evolta (1.5 V))
330/3.5–30 sec. (Lithium (1.5 V))
260/2.5–30 sec. (NiMH (2600 mAh))
230/2.5–30 sec. (NiMH (eneloop))
- Wireless Flash Modes Off
Quick wireless Mode: A:B
- Wireless Communication Channels Four: 1, 2, 3 and 4Channels
- Wireless Groups Two: A, B
- Other Functions Thermal cut-out
- Dimensions 2.8 × 5.0 × 4.1 in. (71.0 × 126.0 × 104.5mm) (Approx.)
- Weight 12.7 oz. (360 g) (Approx. Speedlight only)
15.9 oz. (450 g) (Approx. with four 1.5 V alkaline AA batteries)